Skincare Des Moines
Skincare Des Moines Tips
Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems.
- Always use sun screen: Fill the hollow of your palm (about 1/2 teaspoon) with a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to coat your face, neck, and ears. You should usually apply two coats to finish what you've squeezed out
The first meal of the day should include nuts or almonds. Nuts contain essential fatty acids, which help put the brakes on inflammation that accelerates fine lines, sagging, and blotchiness. Not feeling like a nutty? Salmon, tuna, and halibut are good lunch/dinner sources.
- High levels of tension can spike hormone production that leads to breakouts or aggravates conditions like psoriasis. Controlling stress keeps your skin calm. Taking a 10-minute time-out to apply a face mask and relax on your bed works wonders.
- Frozen peas help soothe itchy, irritated eyes. Once you get home from work, put a bag of frozen peas on your eye lids for about 5 minutes. The cold helps reduce swelling and pigmentation. Unlike inflexible ice packs, a bag of peas easily conforms to the shape of the eyes for a faster effect.
- Yoga moves "like Child's Pose, Take baths in the evening to avoid exposing your skin immediately to outdoor air., and Sun Salutations improve circulation—the boost of oxygen is what gives skin that lovely yoga glow. Another reason to take to the mat: New research finds regular yoga practice may reduce the inflammation and stress that speed skin aging.
- Start drinking green and black tea. Drinks three to five cups a day to safeguard your skin. Research suggests that both types of tea contain protective compounds—like EGCG and theaflavins—that help prevent skin cancers and the breakdown of collagen, the cause of wrinkles.
- Use a humidifier to lessen the drying effects of indoor heat on your skin in the winter.
- Rub moisturizing lotion on your legs before applying shaving cream for a smoother, softer finish when removing leg hair.
- Take baths in the evening to avoid exposing your skin immediately to outdoor air.